HENRY HUNT, ESQ. of Gosfield in Essex County England, High Sherrif of that County, married Jane De Vere of the noble house of oxford on April 1572. She was a daughter of Aubrey de Vere, By her he had two sons, and two daughters.
(1) John, born about 1585 (2) Henry (3) Dorothy (4) Jane
(1) JOHN HUNT A2 Captain in the (temp) Army of Charles 1, was granted lands in Tullughfargus and Russellstown, County Wicklow, in part satisfaction of his service in Ireland. These lands had been with other granted on
VERE HUNT A3 of Williamston County Limerick, sold the lands granted to his father in Country Wicklow to John Barrowes of Arenode Co. Kildare by deed 25 and
(1) JOHN HUNT A4, of Glangoole County of Tipperary, born 1653 , died 1736, aged 83 years. His will dated 1736 and proved
He married ........ daughter of Rev. John Hicks, Rector of Kilcooley County,
Oct. 1736, proved
FAMILY OF JOHN HUNT A4 OF GLANGOOLE AND
HIS FIRST WIFE ... HICKS
(1) REV, VERE HUNT A5 of Glangoole (Rev. Vere 5‑John 4‑Vere 3, John 2‑Henryl), executor to his father's will. born about 1678, He died intestate administrator to his widow, I Sept. 1759. He was married at Kilcooley Abbey, Marriage settlement recited in his father's will, He married in 1712 Constance daughter of Sir Wm. Piers 2 Bart of Tristemagh by Hon. Honara Fitzmaurice his wife. daughter of William 20th Lord Kerry.
(2) WILLIAM HUNT A5, born. ., ‑ , married Mary daughter of John Berry, Esq. of
(3) JOHN HUNT A5. mentioned in his father's will,
(41) DANIEL HUNT A5. to whom his father left F,50~
(5) ALICE HUNT A5, who married Peter Agar mentioned in her father's will.
(6) SUSAN HUNT A5, married Rev, Henry Royce of Nantenan Left ₤140 bv her father.
(7) GERTRUDE HUNT A 5, married. . .Tennyson. mentioned in her father's will.
FAMILY OF JOHN HUNT A4 OF GLANGOOLE AND HIS
SECOND WIFE ... BOWLES
(1) THOMAS A5, left ₤10 by his fattier.
(21) HENRY A5, left ₤ 10 by his father,
(3) JAMES A5, left ₤10 bv his father,
(4) GEORGE A5, left ₤10 bv his fattier,
(5) ELIZABETH (Mrs. Foster), ANNE (Mrs. Odell). MARY (Mrs. Sprig), PENELOPE (Mrs. Halpin), REBBECCA, LUCY, DOROTHY, and AMELIA.
FAMILY OF REV. VERE HUNT A5 OF GLANGOOLE AND HIS WIFE
(2) HENRY HUNT A6. born about 1715. married Anne daughter of Valentine Harris by whom he had five sons.
(1) Vere Dawson Hunt of Cappagh white will dated 12 Dec. 1790, proved 31 Oct. 1792, married Elizabeth , daughter of ….Davis, had three daughters and three sons,
(2) Fitzmaurice Hunt A7. settled in early life in
(3) Percy Hunt A 7. died S. P.
(4) Henry Hunt A 7.
(5) Darner Hunt A7 of Millbrooke County,
(3) JOHN HUNT A6, born about 1718, married daughter of Wm. Turvin, Esq. , of
(4) WILLIAM HUNT A6, born about 1720, married
(5) JOHN A6 (The Bury),
FAMILY OF VERE HUNT A6 BORN ABOUT 1713 OF CURRAGH CHASE AND HIS SECOND WIFE MISS BROWNE DAUGHTER OF EDMUND BROWNE OF
(1) SIR VERE HUNT A7, 1st Bart of Curragh Chase, created a baronet 4 Dec. 1748.M. P. for Askeaton 1797. Served in the 5th Regiment of Foot, Major in the Earl of Inchequen's Regt. in
Glentworth, Bishop of Limerick and sister of Edward Henny, 1st Earl of Limerick, on 4 th March 1784. Died
surname and arms of De Vere instead of those of Hunt. Died
(2) JOHN FITZMAURICE HUNT A7, High Sheriff of County Limerick 1802, married (1) Jane daughter of Wm, Henn, Esq, , of
(3) JANE HUNT A~, married John Hamilton Lane, Esq., of
FAMILY OF SIR AUBREY DE VERE AND MARY RICE
(1) SIR VERE EDMUND DE VERE A9, 3rd Bart of Curragh Chase, born 12 Oct. 1808, married Mary Lucy, daughter of Rowland Standish, Esq. , of Scalely Costte County, Cumberland and Farley Hall.
(2) STEPHEN EDWARD DE VERE A9, born
(4) WM, CECIL DE VERE A9, born
(5) FRANCES HORATIO DE VERE A9, born
FAMILY OF HENRY HUNT A4, LIGADOON VERE HUNT
(1) JOHN HUNT A5, of Ligadoon Limerick, will dated
(2) HENRY A5, the younger of Ligadoon obtained a lease of
(3) ROBERT A5, had a life in his brother's lease of Friarstown 1731, died intestate admin.
CHILDREN OF VERE
HUNT A6, AND ANNE VALENTINO HARRIS, WILL DATED
DAVIS, EXECUTOR TO HER FATHER'S WILL. THEY HAD THREE SONS
AND THREE DAUGHTERS. HE DIED 1841- 42.
(2) ELIZABETH (Mrs. Short) A8.
(3) HENRIETTA A8, born after 1791.
(4) VERE DAWSON A8, of Cappawhite. baptised Moses, who married (1) Fanny Palmer, daughter of Jas. Short, Esq, , of
(a) Mary A9 who married Thos, Penfather (by first marriage)
(b) Vere A9 who married and had a son Vere A10 who married Miss Walker and bad a son William 10,
(5) HENRY DAVIS A8 HUNT, of Curragheen County Tipperary, born 30 Oct. 1789, died 1827, married Anne, daughter of Robt, Ross M. D. , March 1814, had two sons and three daughters as follows:
(a) Vere Dawson A9, born 1816, died unmarried 1840.
(b) Robt, Fitzmaurice A9 of Curragheen County Tipperary, born 1824.
(c) Mary A9. born 1815, 13 March. died unmarried 1879.
(d) Anne Dorothea A9. born
(e) Georgina Margaret married Lieut. Wm, Sturgis of R. N., died
(6) FITZMAURICE HUNT A8.
FAMILY OF HENRY HUNT A5 (Henry 5, Henry 4, Vere 3, John 2)
THE YOUNGER OF LIGADOON AND HIS WIFE MARGARET WILDERHAM
Obtained a lease of Friarstown County Limerick,
(1) VERE HUNT A6 of Friarstown a minor at his father's death married Anne, daughter of William Maunsel (marriage settlement dated
FAMILY OF VERE HUNT A6 OF FRIARSTOWN AND ANNE MAUNSEL
(1) William A7 married
(1) Vere David Urquart A8. (See below)
(2) William H. A8 1795 1867 who had sons as follows
(a) William Robert A9. born 1837,
(b) Roachford Vere A9 (Major) of Ligadoon, born 1842, and had daughter Emily Ann born 1873,
(c) Anna Maria A9, born 1839, married.
(d) Jane A9,
(e) ~ Elizabeth A9 Hanison, born 1847.
(2) REV. JOHN HUNT AT born about 1‑164. of High Park County Tipperary, who died March 1837. He married first Mary Elizabeth. daughter of Vere Hunt of Cappagh White (who d. s. p. and secondly in 1812 Marv Anne, daughter of Dane Hunt Esq. , of Millbrook County Tipperary, by whom he had
(1) Vere of High Park A8, Justice of the Peace. born
Yeilding Esq, , of Woodlands Talbots County Keny and had (1) Mary born 15
April 1871 (2) Fanny born
(2) Rev. Fitzmaurice AS married Francis, daughter of Rev. Arthur Hyde, Rector of
Mohill County Letitrim, on
Archbishop of Ardagh. Vicar General of Mohill, aged 60 years. The Hunt
memorial hall at Mohill was erected in his memory. By this marriage was born
(1) Mary Anne A9 married Robert Holmes Philips Esq. . of
Margaret A 9.
(3) THOMAS A7 married March 1798. Dorothea, daughter of John Bloomfield Eso., of Redwood County Tipperary and 2nd cousin of Benjiman, 1st Lord Bloomfield, by whom he had two daughters, and three sons,
(2) Ann A9, died unmarried.
(3) Vere A9. died unmarried,
(4) Thomas A9
(5) Robert A9 of Cloghodrornin and
of Pierstown County Westmeath and had by her
(1) Ellen Anne A10, married 1868 Col. Vere Hunt Bowles.
(2) Frances Dorothea, married 1861, Lieut.Gen. Chas. Elmhurst
(3) Merill Kate. married 1869, Alexander Caulfield Esq. , of Grenadier, Guards.
( 4) Maria Sarah, married Peter Gerald Griffin Esq., of Altavilla County Limerick,
(5) Thomas Poachford, born
Ringrose Gelston M. D. , of County,
(a)Thos. Aubrey, born 1876.
(b)George Gerald, born
(c)William Lewis, born
(d)Rochford who married and had daughter Mary, who married her cousin Henry Davis Hunt Esq.